Monday, October 26, 2009

Jobless With Puppy!

In May 2009, I lost my financial controller job, as residential construction came to a halt in Southern California with the banks not lending. On July 13, my husband's birthday, his musician friends, members of his band, gave him a surprise birthday party. The singer of the band and his newlywed bride had adopted a puppy from a neighbor whose Yorky had gotten pregnant by her sister's Maltese. She named her "Morky" (a designer breed), Gucci (no comments). Falling in love with this puppy, we went to look at her six siblings, but there was only one left! He looked at us with his endearing eyes. Our 21 year old daughter really wanted a Yorky. It was our promise to get her one if she moved back home after college. This lady who lived in an apartment and could not keep all the puppies was trying to find good homes for them, so we took the last one! My daughter named him Simba, after the Lion King cub. She and my son did the whole Pride Rock initiation ceremony with a live musical vocal encore of Lion King score. Yes, I have a very musical and talented family.

This puppy is a God send. He reminds me to wake up happy and grateful for everything. He opens a new page early each day holding no grudges, no rejections, no depression. He jumps and dances at the site of his treats. He brings his ball to me to play, if I have been job hunting too long on the computer. He winnies if it's time to eat lunch and dinner, reminding me to eat as well. He tugs at me to go for his walk reminding me to get my excercize, too. Not only that, he listens to my utterings about feelings, priorities and actions that I need to take without being overburdened about them. He looks at me with his big brown eyes and lets me know that the simple things of peace and love are what is important in life. I love Simba and God who gave me him at this time of tribulation. Happy Job Hunting You All! Keep the Faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simba

Simba
Simba: "Get off that computer already!"